The best way to take an online exam: Via a video conference system
Have you ever taken an online exam?
If not, then you may be wondering how best to take one.
It can be difficult to take an online exam if you do not have enough technological tools, but if you have the right ones, everything will be simple and easy.
That is why we recommend that you do it through a videoconference system.
What is an Online Exam?
An online exam is a type of assessment where students can answer questions from any location with an internet connection. It is a convenient way to take exams, especially if you are not able to be in the same room as the person who is administering the test.
There are two main types of online exams: proctored and unproctored:
- Proctored exams are supervised by someone who is monitoring the testing environment to make sure that no one is cheating.
- Unproctored exams are not monitored, which means that you will have to be more careful to not give away answers to others who may be taking the same test.
Of these two types of exams, the one that you can take in a videoconference will be the proctored exams. Yes, those where you can monitor. Next, we will see what other reasons there are to take exams via videoconference system.
Why deliver an online exam via video conference system ?
- Real-time: You can see the other person and they can see you. This way, you will know if someone is trying to copy your answers or get help from a friend.
- Can proctor your online exams: This type of system will help you to invigilate the online exams. You can use a tool like ProctorU, which is an online proctoring service that uses live video streaming to invigilate exams.
- Students are more engaged: In a study done by the University of Central Florida, it was found that online exams delivered via videoconference were more engaging for students than those taken in person.
- Flexibility: You can take the exam from anywhere as long as you have an internet connection and a device with a camera.
- Secure: The information exchanged during a videoconference is encrypted, which means that it is more secure than other methods of communication. Now that you know the advantages of taking an online exam via videoconference, we will give you some tips on how to make the most of this system.
How to deliver an online exam via a video conference system?
There are many video conference systems that you can use to deliver an online exam. We recommend using a system like plugNmeet, which is easy to use and has all the features that you need for an online exam.
Here are some tips on how to use plugNmeet for an online exam:
- Create a private meeting: When you create a meeting , make sure to set it as private so that only people who have the link can join.
- Invite your students: Send the meeting link to your students so that they can join the exam.
- Use the iframe feature: This will allow you to share on the screen the exam. You just need to click on “Display external link” and insert the link. In addition, you will be able to synchronize the user’s data with their exam platform. It will be easy to easily collect the data.
- Disable audio of the students: To make sure that the students are focused on the exam.
These are some of the things that you need to keep in mind when using a videoconference system to take an online exam. With these tips, you will be able to deliver an effective and secure online exam.
The advantage of using the plugNmeet iframe feature to deliver online exams is:
- You can synchronize the user data with your exam platform.
- You can tick the user ID, name, etc.
- After the exam finishes, you can easily collect the data.
The user can’t join the exam without the proper login credentials.The system will keep track of the user and their activity. This type of system is convenient and flexible, and it is a great way to take an online exam. It is also more secure than other methods of communication, which makes it ideal for online exams.
Nowadays, online exams are becoming more and more popular. If you want to take an online exam, we strongly recommend that you do it through a videoconference system. This way, you can have a real-time proctored exam which is more secure and flexible. PlugNmeet is one of the best video conference systems that you can use, and it is very easy to use. With these tips, you will be able to deliver an effective and secure online exam.