How to use LTI tools to connect plugNmeet and Chamilo LMS?
In order to create a better experience for both students and teachers, it is necessary to use LTI!
Chamilo LMS is a software application that has been created to provide an e-learning platform. It offers a wide variety of features, such as: online courses, learning tools and resources, user management, etc. Chamilo LMS is used by universities, businesses and other organizations around the world.
PlugNmeet is an open source web conferencing that is simple to use and customizable with high performance. Some of the core features are:
- It supports all the functions of a video call, including High-Definition Audio/Video/Screen Sharing; Virtual background; file-sharing, and MP4 Recordings.
- Extended Functions, RTMP Broadcasting, which can enable users to broadcast their meetings to YouTube, Facebook, or any other third-party RTMP-supported live streaming platform.
- You can personalize everything, from URLs to logos and branding colors, as well as features with ease.
- Collaboration was made easy with the use of a shared notepad and whiteboard for real-time collaboration.
In order to connect Chamilo LMS with PlugNmeet, you need to use LTI (Learning Tools Interoperability). LTI is a standard that allows you to connect learning tools and resources from different providers.
LTI stands for Learning Tools Interoperability and is a standard developed by the IMS Global Learning Consortium. LTI defines a way for third-party software tools to be integrated into learning management systems in order to improve the learning experience!
What are the benefits of?
- It allows to know the external sources used by people during the training, this, in LMS platforms.
- It releases information about student interactions, allowing other established content creators to screen them.
- Student grades and progress with assignments are also among the information that can be transmitted through LTI.
- Expands the list of tools for student learning.
- Eliminating the need for students to log in to different sites creates a more seamless, consistent, and integrated teaching and learning experience.
In this case, we will show you how to connect plugNmeet, which is an open source web conferencing that is easy to use and customizable with high performance, with Chamilo which is the LMS.
Here are the steps to do it:
Here we take Chamilo LMS as an example to show you how it works.
- Go to the “Portal” section and select “Plugins”.
2. Search for “IMS/LTI” and select its checkbox and then click on “Enable the selected plugins”.
3. Then, the “Plugins” page will load again and in the “IMS/LTI” section you will select “Configure”.
4. Select “Yes” and click on “Save”.
5. Now that “IMS/LTI” is enabled, you must go to “My Courses”.
6. You choose the course where you want to add plugNmeet and click the pencil icon to edit the course.
7. Go to the “IMS/LTI” section and click on “Configure external tools”.
8. You fill in the following data and then select “Add external tool”.
9. You select the title of your course.
10. You go to the “Interaction” section, and you can view “plugNmeet” to use it.
Did you see how easy it was to connect plugNmeet with Chamilo LMS?
Now you will be able to give a better experience to your students and teachers.
Leave us any questions or comments you have!