How to use LTI tools to connect plugNmeet and Canvas LMS?
For e-learning it is necessary to use LTI to improve the student and teacher experience!
What is LTI?
LTI stands for Learning Tools Interoperability, making it easy to connect and play a wide variety of external tools, content, and activities available online in your LMS.
- It allows to know the external sources used by people during the training, this, in LMS platforms.
- It releases information about student interactions, allowing other established content creators to screen them.
- Student grades and progress with assignments are also among the information that can be transmitted through LTI.
- Expands the list of tools for student learning.
- Eliminating the need for students to log in to different sites creates a more seamless, consistent, and integrated teaching and learning experience.
In this case, we will show you how to connect plugNmeet, which is an open source web conferencing that is easy to use and customizable with high performance, with Canvas which is the LMS.
Here are the steps to do it:
Here we take Canvas LMS as an example to show you how it works.
- Go to the Settings section and select “Apps”.
2. Then click on “View App Configurations”.
3. Select “+App”.
4. Fill in the API information. You can use following demo api information for testing:
Launch URL: https://demo.plugnmeet.com/lti/v1
Consumer key: plugnmeet
Shared secret: zumyyYWqv7KR2kUqvYdq4z4sXg7XTBD2ljT6
5. Click “Submit” to save the changes.
6. A notification will appear that the plugNmeet app has been installed. You are able to join plugNmeet meetings via LTI now.
Did you see how easy it was to connect plugNmeet with Canvas LMS?
Now you will be able to give a better experience to your students and teachers.
Leave us any questions or comments you have!